Sunday worship takes place at Bellshill Central Parish Church at 346 Main Street, on Sunday 15th January at our normal time of 10.45am, when our Minister Rev Kevin de Beer will conduct worship and our Young Church and children’s activities will be available. Our service includes the readings from Psalm 23, John 14:1-6 and verse 27, and Revelation 21:1-6. Our sung praise includes All hail the power, Great is thy faithfulness, Because he lives, and I believe in Jesus. The theme is “Answer”. Visitors are always welcome to come along. We are a warm and welcoming church at the heart of our town — Central Church is Central to Bellshill, Central to Christ and Central to YOU!.
We all enjoyed our joint worship with friends from St Andrew’s UF and West Churches at our Winter joint services that started off 2017. Thanks to our own minister, Kevin de Beer, and Deirdrie Lyon minister at St Andrew’s UF for leading our two services. We look forward to July when we meet jointly again worshipping at all three churches in rotation.
Our organisations give a warm invitation, and you are warmly welcomed to come and join in
- The Church Guild – open to both men and women – next meets on Monday 16th January at 1pm in the Church Hall. This will be our annual Burns celebration, with guest speaker Alex Baird. Devontions led by Peggy Walker, and thanks given by Emma Smith.
- The Church Choir meets on Friday 13th January at 7.30pm. We are a friendly bunch of folks who have fun and sing together. We are always looking for new members.
- Our Brownie Pack meets on Thursdays at 6.15pm, and all girls aged 7-10 years are welcome to come along. The Brownie Adventure is about trying new things that teach girls about themselves, their community and their world. The Brownie programme deserves to be called an Adventure. The name reflects the world of new opportunities, challenges and fun that girls become part of when they join.
- Our Rainbows resume on Tuesday 17th at 7pm for all girls aged 5-7years. Rainbows – it’s all about learning, it’s all about developing self-confidence, building friendships, learning new things and having fun. Girls get their hands dirty with arts and crafts, getting in touch with nature and playing games – it’s all about learning by doing. Rainbows follow a diverse and engaging programme called the Rainbow Jigsaw, through which they can take part in lots of different activities with girls their own age.
- The Church Guides continue to meet on Thursday’s from 7.45pm for girls aged 10-14 years. The Guide programme is simply what you’ll do as a Guide – from taking part in lots of exciting activities at regular meetings, to special events and trips away. What you do is up to you. You will choose from different badges and awards which will help you learn new skills and try new challenges. You can do some programme independently, and others in small groups of Guides known as Patrols.
- The Bellshill Probus club meets on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 1.30pm in the church hall. This is an open club for all local men. Come along and ask for Mr Conquer who will be only too pleased to welcome you to the group.
- Our Church bowling club meets on Wednesdays in the Church hall at 7.30pm. This is a group for all abilities. Here you’ll find a group of friendly competitors, who offer a friendly and supportive environment. A weekly treat of tea and cakes are served up in-between ends.
- Our Friday Night ALL-AGE Club returns on Friday 13th January at 7pm in the Church Hall. This bi-weekly club has activities for all ages, table tennis, crafts, games, and refreshments served. Adults, Children and Families come back time and time again.
Check out our online activities – our website at www.bellshillcentral.wordpress.com, www.facebook.com/bellshillcentralchurch and our YouTube channel. You can find our more information on Sunday Services, Weeekly activities and catch up with our services from our uploaded videos.