Orbiston Parish Church, being one of the later to be built in the area due to post-war building, was first started as an extension charge in the wooden hall. The dedication service was held on 9th March 1954.
With a quickly increasing membership the church on Busby Rd was built with the dedication service held on 13th September 1956 and the first Sunday service was conducted by the minister Rev Albert F Bolton on Sunday 16th September 1956,
By 1966 the church had received full Quoda Sacra status and had a membership of almost 500 communicants.
It was linked with Bellshill St Andrews Church in October 1980 then linked with MacDonald Memorial Church in 2001.
The Orbiston Neighbourhood Centre now operates out of the former church buildings on Busby Road in Bellshill.